I’ve got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart. Where?
That’s a good question, isn’t it? Where is the joy? Are you in a bit of a rut or just feeling kind of blah? Make sure one of these joy takers hasn’t made themselves at home in your guest room.
- Comparison Don’t compare your “real life” to someone else’s “online life.” Everyone has dirty toilets and bad hair days – we just don’t post about it on Facebook.
- Worry This, my friends, is a choice. It’s not always an easy one, but it is a choice. Do you want to know how I know? Because the Lord said not to do it.
- Failing to Rest Your bodies, minds and souls need to unplug. Get offline. Go sit on a porch swing. Lay down in the grass and stare at the sky. Breathe deep.
- Focusing on the World This world is not home. Do not put your hope in what it promises. Do not seek approval or self worth from it.
- Neglecting His Word Jeremiah 15:16. His Word is a JOY!
- Messed up Priorities Kids trump a clean house – every time! Play hide and seek. Play outside with the water hose.
- Insecurity People are not looking at you, thinking about you, talking about you, etc. nearly as much as you think they are.
Those who look to Him are radiant with joy – Psalm 34:5