Marriage is difficult. I don’t think anyone out there would argue with that. It takes more than lovey-dovey eyes and butterflies in your stomach to get through the hard times. And, let’s face it, hard times will come.
It’s dangerously easy to get bogged down in utility bills, work responsibilities and dirty diapers. It’s tempting to fall into a place where you are more like roommates than husband and wife. Life becomes all about whose turn it is to take care of the crying baby. Before you know it, you forget about the way your heart used to skip a beat when he smiled at you or the way you missed her when she wasn’t around.
Let’s take back our marriages. Let’s put a little spark back into our relationships. Here are 30 ways you can bless each other, most of which require nothing but a little time.
Get ready. Get Set. Go bless your spouse!
15 WAYS TO BLESS YOUR MAN
- Leave his favorite candy bar in his car.
- Put a post-it (love) note on his mirror.
- Don’t roll your eyes when you pick his socks up off of the floor.
- Watch a ball game with him. (Ask him which team he is rooting for.)
- Flirt with him.
- Pray for him.
- Rub his back.
- Compliment his appearance.
- Thank him for being a good husband, dad, etc.
- Ask him about his day.
- Buy lingerie. (Oh, come on. You knew I was going to go there.)
- Make his favorite meal.
- Ask his advice.
- Actually take his advice.
- Do not huff and puff or act annoyed when he gives you the look .(You know the one. See #11)
15 WAYS TO BLESS YOUR WOMAN
- Kiss her on the cheek.
- Look her in the eyes when she speaks.
- Buy her chocolate.
- Tell her she is cute, funny, talented, etc.
- Open her door.
- Make dinner for her.
- Run a warm bath for her complete with candles and relaxing music.
- Buy her chocolate.
- Let her know that you notice the work she does around the house. (Be specific.)
- Brag about her to others.
- Pray for her.
- Pray with her.
- Text her from work just to say, “I love you.”
- Encourage her to have a day out of the house all by herself.
- Buy her…a single red rose.